Welcome to the State of Iowa’s Public Comments Website
Public participation in government helps our state to reform plans and prevent over regulation or red tape, encouraging efficiency, economic growth and job creation.
The purpose of this website is to allow members of the public the opportunity to comment on documents. You may comment on all documents open for comment on this website.
How Are Documents Posted?
- State Agencies that wish to collect public comments on documents contact the Office of the CIO and request a publication.
- The agency determines how long the comment period should be.
- The documents are imported and a contact is assigned to collect the comments.
- The document is presented for comment until the comment period closes.
- Documents which have passed their comment period are displayed on the organization's information page within this website.